On a mission to eliminate the basket full of evil apples. Every time I do, the baskets seem to refill themselves and on this case the amount doubled! Fortunately one basket was given away :) I still have about 25 apples on hand. Does any one have any good apple recipes? I don't want to become sick of apple pie as well.
golden and crisp *munch munch*
apple pie (puff pastry)
165 degrees Celsius
makes 3 large pastries or 12 mini sized
- 1 lemon
- 6 apples
(2 apples per puff pastry)
- 1/2 cup of sultanas, cooked
(bring to a boil under low heat until sultanas are soft and plump, drain and dry)
- 50 grams unsalted butter
- 30 grams sugar and honey to taste
- 1 Tb of corn flour blended in 1/3 cup water - optional
(if you want a thick and sticky sauce)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 frozen puff pastry sheets, semi defrosted
- 1 beaten egg
1. Juice the lemon and put juice in a mixing bowl. Peel the apples, cut into 8 wedges and later into thin slices 2-3 mm. Mix the apple with the lemon juice to stop it browning.
2. Melt the butter and sugar in a non stick pan under high heat.