Baked this while waiting for my pizza dough to rise. Didn't want to bake a cake because the margarine at home isn't good for creaming so decided to bake muffins instead. Bought a small bag of Californian walnuts for this and ended up using up the whole bag xD Yup, I'm a walnut freak, but I only like them in cakes and muffins.
banana walnut muffins
170 degrees Celsius
makes 12 muffins
- 1 cup + 1 Tb self raising flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder, sifted
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda, sifted
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
(plus extra for topping)
- 2 sugar bananas
- 1/3 cup sugar/ brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
1. Combine the dry ingredients (self raising flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda, salt, walnuts) in a large mixing bowl.
2. Slice the bananas and mash them with a fork.
3. Whisk all the wet ingredients (milk, sugar, egg, melted margarine) into the mashed bananas. (I just did it one/two ingredients at a time for photo purposes.)