The method I typed out is how I did it, but you can always skip step 2 and place the liquefied ganache into the toasted croissant.
cheat's chocolate croissants
- 2 store bought croissants
- 100 g chocolate (I used a mix of milk and dark chocolate)
- 100 ml cream (I used thickened cream)
Note: You will end up with more ganache than you need, so keep it chilled.
- Making the ganache:
Put chocolate in a dry heat proof bowl.
Bring cream to the boil in a small saucepan and pour immediately into the bowl with chocolate.
Stir until chocolate has melted.*
Pour in a heat proof container and cool in the fridge until hardened.
- Scoop small pieces of the ganache.
Cut the croissants in half and place the ganache inside.
Toast in a small oven toaster until ganache has melted.
* If the chocolate has not fully melted, place over a bain marie and stir until melted.