29 Oct 2010

cheat's chocolate croissants

Photobucket

Inspired by the chocolate croissants in the bakeries I made a cheat's version of one on the weekend for my study snack.

The method I typed out is how I did it, but you can always skip step 2 and place the liquefied ganache into the toasted croissant.

***

cheat's chocolate croissants

ingredients:
serves 1-2

  • 2 store bought croissants
  • 100 g chocolate (I used a mix of milk and dark chocolate)
  • 100 ml cream (I used thickened cream)

Note: You will end up with more ganache than you need, so keep it chilled.

method:

  1. Making the ganache:
    Put chocolate in a dry heat proof bowl.
    Bring cream to the boil in a small saucepan and pour immediately into the bowl with chocolate.
    Stir until chocolate has melted.*
    Pour in a heat proof container and cool in the fridge until hardened.

  2. Scoop small pieces of the ganache.
    Cut the croissants in half and place the ganache inside.
    Toast in a small oven toaster until ganache has melted.

* If the chocolate has not fully melted, place over a bain marie and stir until melted.