13 Apr 2012

on syrups























Maple syrup and pecans, another one of those golden combinations. For me, I feel it is perfect for a warm autumn morning. 

Recently, there has been much syrup business going on in the kitchen. Sticky, sweet and perhaps, an addiction. Nope, there definitely is one. Mrs. Roddick regrets the day she put maple flavoured syrup (that's right, the fake stuff) on my ice cream. But I thank her for rekindling my love for it. There is much debate on whether to use the real maple syrup or the artificial one. But I think both are equally delicious on pancakes. Just make sure to use the real thing when baking them with bacon or else, says she. 

It almost feels like a quiet weekend today, which will be sure to come tomorrow. Classes resumes on Monday marking the end of break.

It has been delightful to be able to slow down.