Aside from the butter content, I would say these cookies are quite healthy in terms of the amount and variety of wheat products. I like these cookies and would make them again :D
sultana oat cookies
recipe adapted from a 2009 Coles magazine
makes 18 (I made around 40, 1 Tb cookies)
- 1 cup self-raising flour
(I used self-raising wholemeal flour)
- 1 cup Carman's Toasted Muesli
(I used Vogel's premium oven crisp fruit and nut muesli)
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon (if not using Carman's toasted muesli)
- 1 cup Sunbeam Sultanas
(I used golden sultanas)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 125 g butter, melted
(I used unsalted butter)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tb honey
- Preheat oven to 190°C or 170°C fan.
Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place dry ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
Combine butter, egg and honey and add to dry ingredients.
- Drop 2 Tb (I did 1 Tb) of mixture onto prepared trays.
Press lightly with the back of a fork.
Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, until golden.
Cool on trays before storing in an airtight container.