Well, I had a look at the leaflet and had go at the cheesy vegetable and bacon slice which turned out quite nice, frittata like. I had all the ingredients on hand so I just mixed everything in. As it finished baking, I suddenly realised I forgot to add in two ingredients - milk and flour! I also halved the recipe, so the mixture was quite watery therefore not spoon-able like the recipe says.
But it still turned out edible which was all it mattered :) It was hearty eaten warm, but tastes just as good when it's cooled.
I should read the recipe more carefully, because I doubt the next time I will be lucky. But I don't think I am going to add in the ingredients I forgot for next time :P
Here's the original recipe, if you are interested:
Cheesy Vegetable and Bacon Slice
reproduced from the Coles recipes leaflet
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Delicious and easy, this recipe tastes even better the next day.
- 1 Tb oil (olive or canola)
- 1 medium brown onion
- 3 rashers bacon, chopped (fat removed)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen carrots, peas and corn
- 5 extra large eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup light milk
- 1 cup light tasty cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius conventional/ 150 degrees Celsius fan forced.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook onions and bacon for 3-4 minutes until softened and bacon is slightly crispy.
- Add peas and corn and cook for 2 minutes, stirring to thaw. Remove mixture to a bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix in bacon/vegetable mixture.
- Season with pepper and spoon into a greased and lined 28cm x 18cm brownie/slice pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and puffed.
- Remove gently and cool in fridge.
- Cut into slices