24 Jun 2009

honey joys v2

Like Magster from chinese school telling me to do something with her Old Gold, my mum told me to do something with the box of cornflakes my sister bought for the freebies. So what better to do with cornflakes than honey joys.

Before you (referring to people with braces, like me) just be careful eating these because they are quite crunchy and they WILL get stuck in the nooks and crannies. If you don't have braces, feel free to chomp away!!

By the way, note to Lalarhs, this is very easy even my little sister can do it! ALMOST fail proof, the only flaw I can see you doing is burning the butter, sugar and honey mixture ;)

***
honey joys
adapted from my previous recipe

oven:
150 degrees Celsius
fan forced

ingredients:
makes 24 patty pan sized
  • 5 cups cornflakes
  • 1 cup shredded coconut
  • 100g margarine
  • 4 Tb honey
    + extra for later (optional)
  • 1/3 cup sugar

method:

1. Measure and put cornflakes and shredded coconut into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.


2. Melt margarine, sugar and honey in a small saucepan over medium low heat, stirring occasionally until margarine and sugar has melted.

3. Pour melted syrup over cornflakes mix. Stir to combine, making sure cornflakes are well coated in the syrup. (Drizzle extra honey- 2 Tb over cornflakes if desired)

4. Line a baking tray with patty pans and scoop about 2 Tb of cornflakes mix into each case.

5. Bake for 10-15 minutes.

NOTE: Wait until honey joys are cool before eating, because they won't be fully set when taken out from the oven.