Since I have already established I LOVE breakfasts in a previous post, I shall refrain from repeating myself.
Two weeks ago, the food tech students in my school have just started production in regards to the design folio. As I had time to spare, I was being a busy body looking at what kind of foods other people were making. They were busy making a variety of foods; exotic mango and coconut prawns, sweet and sour pork, turkish delight, honeycomb cake, cupcakes just to name a few. The girl who uses the stove top next to mine was making pancakes!
ラブソーライフ, a manga chapter featured in the April 2009 花とゆめ; a birthday gift from my friends at Chinese school last year.
Anyway the chapter was about Shiharu, a 16 year old babysitter trying to make pancakes with the two two-year-old rascals Aoi and Akane. In one scene, Akane decides to make strawberry pancakes by throwing in whole strawberries inside -_-"
Although inspired by the idea of having strawberries inside pancakes, I did not add whole strawberries to the batter :P And I think these pancakes are the best ever!!
my previous recipe
ingredients:makes 10 ~ 12 mini pancakes
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 Tb caster sugar
- 75 ml milk
- 1 1/2 Tb unsalted butter / margarine, melted
- dash of vanilla essence
- 75 g self raising flour, sifted
- 3/4 tsp baking powder, sifted
- 4 strawberries, chopped into small pieces
- unsalted butter / oil for frying
- Using a whisk, beat the egg and sugar until frothy.
Whisk while adding the milk, melted butter / margarine and vanilla essence.
- Add the sifted flour, baking powder and strawberry pieces and whisk to make a smooth and runny batter.
- Heat a non stick frying pan and add a small piece of butter / drizzle of oil.
Wipe fat off with kitchen paper and reserve. Turn heat to a medium high*.
- Add 2 Tb of batter and flip with a spatula when many bubbles appear on the surface.
Cook other side until golden.
- Wipe the frying pan with the kitchen paper and repeat step 4 until there is no more batter.
- To serve, drizzle pancakes with honey and top with half a strawberry.