I remember eating these during my trip last year in Malaysia. They were only 60 sen at 'baasak' and I bought a whole heap. They were nice but they were oily when opened inside. The ones we made today are crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle.
Blahahahaha took photos while mum was in action xD
笑口棗 (smiling doughnuts)
adapted from 亲子节日食谱 later edited by my mum
TASTE BEST ON DAY MADE
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tb oil
- 3 Tb water
- white sesame seeds for coating
1. Sift flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a large mixing bowl.
2. Beat eggs with sugar, oil and water until well combined.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the sifted flour.
4. Using your hands, mix flour and egg mixture together until it forms a dough.
5. Divide mixture into 2 parts. Roll them into a sausage shape and cut into small pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.