200 degrees Celsius
makes around 14, depending on size
- 3 cups self raising flour (minus 1 Tb), sifted
- 4 Tb brown sugar
- 1 Tb dutch cocoa powder, sifted
(I would put more cocoa next time, for the colour)
- 1 cup good quality chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 150 mL cream
- 150 mL milk
- extra flour, milk and sugar
1. Combine the sifted flour, cocoa, brown sugar and chocolate chips in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
2. Whisk egg into cream and milk.
3. Pour the cream mixture into the flour.
4. Stir until nearly combined and empty contents to a flour dusted chopping board.
5. Gently knead the dough until it comes together and cut dough into desired size.
6. Place on a prepared baking tray, brush with milk and sprinkle a sugar (can use caster sugar too) on top.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
They taste best when slightly cooled from the oven. Melted chocolate, yum!