makes around 9 - 12 for 1 sheet of puff pastry
- packaged frozen puff pastry (semi-defrosted)
- jam of your choice
- 1 small egg, beaten
- oil / melted butter or margarine for greasing baking paper
180 degrees Celsius
1. Cut pre-rolled puff pastry into square pieces. (If you have small pieces left over you can use them later :D)
2. From the edges, cut a 1 -1.5 cm diagonal line towards the centre.
3. Place a teaspoon of your favourite jam in the centre.
4. Fold the edges inwards like a pinwheel.
5. Put the pastry pinwheels on a greased tray lined with baking paper.6. Glaze pastry with a beaten egg.
7. If you had spare pieces of pastry left from step 1, sprinkle sugar on top.
8. Bake for about 10 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.